Wednesday, November 14, 2007

The Ultimate Gift

I watched a movie Monday night that was absolutely incredible. There aren't many of these movies around anymore. I admit the story line has been done, in more ways than one, but this one just captivated me.

The movie is called The Ultimate Gift. It's set in Charlotte, which gives it points already. It was neat to see familiar places throughout the movie. Basically this really rich guy dies and his rich money hungry family complains about the large sums of money and land they are left from his will. But he leaves his party boy grandson "the ultimate gift."

I really won't say much more than that because it would spoil it. But I cried. That's rare. I've only really cried at one other movie and that was The Passion of The Christ.

This is an independant film, so you might have to search for it a bit. I got it out of the machine at Bi-Lo ($1.49 for one night new release rentals). It will leave you inspired and thinking about your own "gifts" and priorities.

No comments: