Friday, November 16, 2007

More Than Enough

I've felt the sting of loneliness lately. It's hard coming back to a town where you don't have much foundation anymore. It's in these time of loneliness that I forget that a mighty God loves me with all of His being and is more than enough to fill that loneliness - to satisfy those cravings for companionship.

I forget just how big and powerful God is - and yet He longs for an intimate relationship with me. Not just a casual acquaintance, but an intimate love relationship with the creator of the universe. My first love is the creator of the heavens and the earth. His beauty is visible everywhere. I can't see His face, but His presence is undeniable. His love for me is proved daily - starting from the moment I open my eyes. I can't do anything to thwart His love or make Him love me any less. He is always going to love me the same and I don't have to ever question that.

Anything and everything He does is a result of His love for me. Anything and everything I do should be a result of His love for me and my returned love for Him. I can't fully reciprocate love to Him the way He loves me, but He still loves me.

Pure, unconditional love.

Beautiful mercy.

Grace beyond measure.

Is it possible to be that accepted by the Definition Of Perfection? Who else do I need affirmation from when The Perfect One thinks this highly and loves me this much to rescue me from my sin and myself and then use me to further His kingdom? It really blows my mind when I break it down and just grows my love for Him.

I pray everyone can experience His love - it's for everyone! I pray He is enough in my loneliness - that I consider Him enough. And that I don't look to other people or things to fill that - only Him.

No comments: