Monday, December 17, 2007

A Sound of Gentle Blowing

So I had a pretty sweet weekend. I must admit I'm exhausted today, but you can always catch up on sleep (or just drink a lot of coffee). God completely blew my mind this weekend. The circumstances that brought it about seemed small and trivial, but those are the best places for Him to work (1 King 19:10-12).

I saw God work in a way that only He could work and prove to me that I'm incapable of doing anything on my own but when I surrender to His ways and His will He is able to work things out so perfectly.

In a way it all comes back to Christmas. This year Christmas seems to be taking on a more personal and real appeal to me, and to people around me. When you really look at it and break it down, Christ surrendered His own will to His Father's and left the ultimate paradise to live a human life. Because of that surrender, my surrender is possible and when I surrender God is able to work out His perfect ways in my life that completely blow my mind and end up being better than I could imagine. Wow!

It's still a daily (sometimes hourly) battle and I know that it's one I can only win through Him.

P.S. Dennis Swanberg is a funny guy and tobyMac is amazing live!

No comments: