Tuesday, December 4, 2007

It's my birthday!

Not my day of birth, but my day of rebirth. The day I really started living. Two years ago today I realized my need for a Savior and saw Him there, offering love and forgiveness for every one of my sins.

It's so interesting to look back and see the events that led up to that night in my bedroom where Christ found me and met me right where I was. Years of going to church and being active, but never actually getting it. Years of poor choices that led me to emptiness and shame. Years of following the wrong advice and taking on the ways of the world. But all of that was wiped away and I was made new that night.

It's so amazing to see the true effects of the Holy Spirit and how God has gripped my heart over the past two years. He has used me in ways I never thought I would be able to be used and revealed so much about Himself to me.

I'm still a sinner and I still struggle with my flesh daily, but I know that God is strengthening me and giving me the power to win the battle everyday through Christ and what He did for me on the cross.

"Therefore if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creature; the old things passed away; behold, new things have come." 2 Corinthians 5:17

No comments: