Saturday, December 22, 2007

Be Near Me

I didn't write this but it's one of those songs that I wish I had because it conveys so accurately how I feel most of the time.

Be Near Me
Bethany Dillon

I follow all the rules/Well, at least I'm trying/Hoping when my days are through/You'll be pleased
I've lived the longest days/Thinking my heart was so bad/Too scared to look in your face/Oh, if only I had
And is it alright/If I stay here all night/By the shoreline
I cannot believe you are angry or unjust/You've done nothing but have compassion on us/So be near me when I've given up/Be near me
I'm just like everyone else/We are all hiding/Acting like I have a wealth/Of knowledge and peace
But all I've ever wanted/And what men have given their lives for/Is a God who understands my weaknesses/A God that I can love
I believe you are good and righteous/You've given me your reckless love/So be near, be near...

No comments: