Tuesday, March 4, 2008

John 10:10

"The thief comes only to steal and kill and destroy; I came that they may have life, and have it abundantly." John 10:10

I've felt a little disconnected lately, a little overwhelmed - a lot undeserving. God lifts me out of these ruts that I get into. Every time I ask Him to, He does it. I don't know why. I get myself into them but He chooses to get me out. He's the only one who can get me out. I certainly cannot get myself out - I don't have the strength. No one on earth can get me out - they don't know what's going on.

What great love! To still love me even though I've been selfish and distant. To still choose to bless me even when I'm not immediately grateful. God has so much patience with me. I'm so glad, too. I need it!I need Him to have patience because I'm not perfect and I mess up a lot.

Sometimes I think I'm too hard on myself and put too much pressure on myself. I think I feel guilty about things that I shouldn't. That's where the Enemy works the best. To make me feel less than I should. To make me think that I can never do anything right. He subtly gets in my head and plants these nagging thoughts that don't hold water. Thankfully God is bigger than that and His truth is louder. His truth is so much brighter and always there.

John 10:10 is so true. The thief comes only to steal and kill and destroy but Christ came to give life and give it abundantly. When I start to lean on my own understanding of things I mess up, it's inevitable. It gives the thief an in and He's around only to take things from me - to take life with nothing in return. But when I depend on God for guidance and understanding He gives me life and truth and understanding - abundant life! It's only through that that anything in my life will flourish.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

you're an amazing writer!

i'm so thankful for God's patience with me also. without that constant, i don't know what i'd do.

keep up the good work. your posts are wonderful!