Thursday, March 6, 2008

The Gift and The Giver

Salvation is the ultimate gift set in front of us. Christ did every bit of work and all we did was send Him to the cross. But He thought of us while He was on that cross - and all He had for us was love. Not bitterness, not regret - just love.

Then God presented this amazing gift of life in front of me and I finally accepted it. I didn't want to throw it away anymore. I didn't want to look at it and turn away - I wanted to embrace it. I wanted everything that came with it.

I want to live like I'm grateful for this gift. I want to take this gift and honor The Giver. I don't want to take it for granted or not appreciate it. I want to continue to live in the glory of it and go where The Gift and The Giver lead.

"Now we have received, not the spirit of the world, but the Spirit who is from God, so that we may know the things freely given to us by God." 1 Corinthians 2:12

No comments: