Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Love146

No matter how much I hear and read about this issue I still can't get over the fact that it actually exists. It's such a putrid evil that literally makes my stomach sick.

Little girls in desolate situations are kidnapped almost daily and sold as prostitutes in the foreign sex trade business. These girls aren't given a choice, they aren't given a voice and they aren't given a childhood. They live in rooms that almost aren't even suitable for a dog and are violated sometimes multiple times a day.

The result of the fall can be so ugly but God loves these girls and even the ones that do this to them. I read a story recently about a brothel that is now being turned into a Christian community center in Cambodia. A firm example that God will have the victory and He turns things that were intended for evil into things that will bring Him glory.

I don't know fully know how God can use me in this situation but I know He's called me to love and to reach out to the poor and needy (1 Corinthians 13:13, Proverbs 31:20), the rest will fall in place.

For more information http://www.love146.org/

No comments: