Monday, July 7, 2008

Pleading

David went through several different emotions even in just the first seven Psalms. He went from rejoicing, to praying, to fear, to grief, to sadness, to rejoicing and all of it he took to God. ALL of it he took to God. He did not completely try to handle his enemies on his own. He asked over and over - pleaded for God's help.

It's very evident that David relied on God a lot and God called him a man after His own heart - that's the kind of heart I should have if God was so pleased with David. And David wasn't perfect. He made mistakes and asked forgiveness and was restored. God used him in a great way - but he wasn't perfect.

I see a lot of myself in the emotions of David. I only pray that God is pleased with how I handle it and that I would strive to please God and plead for His help in what life brings.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

AMAZING. you are such a talented writer...

;)